Does your child love to sing or wish to learn? The Kinder Choirs give children with no apparent ability to sing the opportunity to find their singing voices and to take part in exciting concerts and events. Children can go on through our training programme to perform in choral events at national and international level, on TV and radio, and other prestigious and educational occasions.
Training sessions for new recruits are open to all children between the ages of 7 and 18 years. Fill out our registration form and bring your child along to one of our rehearsals. Girls meet on a Monday early evening and boys on Tuesdays at Whaley Bridge Uniting Church.
For more information you can contact Founder Director Miss Joyce Ellis by telephone on 01663 746025 or by using our online form.
We hope that this information will help you to make a decision to let your child give the choirs a try. WHY US? There are benefits galore!
- We are one of the top organisations in the country for children’s choral music
- Education research concludes that children who engage in musical activities do better in their general education
- Choral singing helps to develop your child’s learning abilities, self-discipline, stamina, social skills and ability to work in a team.
- When it comes to applying for jobs or university, choral singing is highly regarded as an indication of a candidate’s commitment and reliability.
- Singing, be it classical, music theatre or pop is BIG BUSINESS these days. Who knows what opportunities it can open up for your child? We believe in performing programmes of all musical genres to give your child a wide musical background
- The Kinder Choirs operate as a big family. One of the remarkable aspects of the choir is that children from the age of 7-8 can mix and socialise with all age groups up to 18. Older choristers are encouraged to help and mentor the youngsters.
- Parents get together to share transport. If you think that you may have problems with transport there may be someone coming from the same area to help. So let us know and we will see if we can match you up with a fellow traveller.
- Free uniform. Concert uniform is loaned to choir members. The only garments for you to find are smart white shirts/blouses, black trousers/skirts, socks/pop socks or tights, and black shoes. We provide the choir sweatshirts, polo shirts, concert dresses and waistcoats.
- Bursary scheme so that no child is refused for reason of cost. Normal costs are £23 per term for trainees and £38 per term for members of the choirs. Bursaries dealt with in confidence – by application.
- NO AUDITION. Your child just needs to want to sing to the best of his/her ability, and be committed to attending regularly. After all, the general public will be listening to our performances so they have to be good!